Vikas Ashram (Resource Centre)
During the course of implementation, Vikas Trust has developed full fledge Resource Centre, which is called Vikas Ashram. It is located on the National Highway 2, at a distance of 8 km from Shikohabad city. Literally Vikas Ashram meant a place where developmental activities are being undertaken. Vikas Ashram has been constructed in 1 acre of land areas on the land donated by the villagers to Vikas Trust. Vikas Trust is operating its offices from Vikas Ashram only.
Present usages of the Resource Centre:
- Functioning as resource hub on child rights issues in the region
- Functioning as gender resource centre for women empowerment and gender equity
- Vocational Skill Development Training Institutes is running in the centre
- Day Care Centre is functional for the disabled children
- Functioning as training centre for imparting training programme
Resource centre facilities:
Three big halls with size
10 large rooms with size
Open space - garden and orchard
Location – It is 248 km away from the country capital Delhi. Anyone could visit the Vikas Ashram by taking road route from New Delhi via Faridabad, Palwal, Kosi, Mathura, Agra, and Firozabad and finally to Rupaspur. It is 6 to 7 hrs journey from the road, where as Firozabad is linked with main line from Delhi to Kanpur via Tundla.